A Comprehensive Series to Prepare You for the Ultimate Journey
The Journey to Parenthood
If we have learned anything during the past year of living through a global pandemic, it’s that we are not meant to parent in isolation. Community support is essential to thriving as parents and a new family. A foundation in mindfulness–the act of being fully aware in the present moment–can be an enormous support during your journey.
No matter where you intend to birth (at home, hospital or birth center) or how you intend to navigate your birth (with or without pain medication), the tools and practices we explore together will help support you through the physical and emotional transition to parenthood and beyond.
Comprehensive Childbirth Ed
Nine weekly class sessions (27 hrs of face time) for you and your designated support person: in-person with limited group size of three couples
- Physiology of childbirth and stages of labor
- Practices for working with pain, labor posititons
- Work with gentle movement practices to find greater ease with common pregnancy discomforts and with the intense sensations of labor
- Partner support skills
- How to approach a birth plan and tips for skillfully communicating with your providers
- Discussion and resources for chest/breastfeeding and/or bottle feeding your baby
- Discussion on meeting social, emotional and physical needs of a newborn
- Deepen emotional resilience and reduce stress during your pregnancy and into parenthood
- Decrease fear and anxiety about the birth process
- Foster compassionate conversation about parenting hopes, fears, and goals with your partner
A Day of Practice Retreat
A Day of Practice Between Weeks 6 and 7: An in-person opportunity to practice mindfulness practices together in community. This supportive day together often is the highlight of the class.
Keep Practicing Even After Class Has Finished: You’ll have lifetime access to the audio files of the guided meditations, as well as any newly released meditations in the future.
Postpartum Reunion: an online or in-person opportunity to reconnect with your cohort, share birth stories, and imagine together what you’d like your community to look like (to be scheduled by each cohort).
Digital Course Handbook
A Beautifully Crafted Handbook To Document Your Journey: This PDF will contain each week’s practice, notes about the session, and a place to journal about your experience.
Course Fee: During Covid-19, this class will be offered on a “pay what you can” basis. Typically the full series is priced at $375, but we understand these are difficult times financially for many families and we want to make this course accessible to as many as possible. Really, truly, it is pay what you can. Even if you can only pay a small amount, it will support our efforts to continue offering this series to a broader audience.
Course Dates: Late Summer 2021
Next series will begin in August/September 2021
The Podworks: 7024 27th St W, University Place, WA 98466